Hey Butterflies! I hope you all are during well during this pandemic because I am back with an exciting dish! My Husband Loves shrimp scampi and I had yet to try it. I love every ingredient used in this simple dish and I can not believe how simple and quick it is to make!
A little side note, I have also been watching “Ramsay in 10” during lockdown. I’m not surprised he tackled this one but OMG is it fancy! I used garlic, red pepper flakes, vegetable stock, parsley, salt, pepper, rice, juice of lemon and of course shrimp. Let’s see…what did he use in addition: White wine, shallots, basil, capers, vest of lemon, parmesan and grape tomatoes and capellini for the pasta (I put the scampi over rice by Husband’s request)… but WOW!
Well, my version was good, quick and easy but I guarantee you I will make his! The only thing I regret on my first try is not searing the shrimp! Have a look 👀
Servings: 4 – Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/4 lbs shrimp, cleaned and deveined (tails on or off)
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 TB butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 TB red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1/4 c vegetable stock
- 1 TB fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c fresh parsley, minced
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil and 1 TB of butter on medium/low heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds or less)
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper
- Turn the shrimp after one minute, add the other half of butter and sprinkle with red pepper flakes
- Right before the shrimp is pink, add stock and lemon juice.
- Stir and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.
*This as served over rice
Let me know what you guys think! Scampi that hard to try, right? 😊 Enjoy!